You might say this post is all about vintage style that’s good enough to eat! Vintage cake pops are simply the cherry on top of a vintage themed wedding – whether it’s classic Gatsby or daring burlesque. Let’s look at a couple of ways to give your cake pops that vintage appeal:
- Put a lot of thought into your colour palette – opt for powdery shades that have a vintage character about them (soft blues, pinks, etc.), as well as various shades of cream and ivory.
- Decorate the cake pops with edible sugar pearls to give it that elegant and timeless finish.
- Make use of lace and ruffle frosting techniques when decorating the pops, or wrap the skewer sticks in dainty lace fabric.
- Draw inspiration from floral fabrics and textured wallpaper – these designs are a beautiful representation of all things inherently vintage!
- Play around with polka dots or tiny little laser cut decorations like fondant bird cages, moustaches and top hats.
- Incorporate oh so classic designs like the coveted cameo into the design of the cake pop.
- Add a little vintage bling by dusting the cake pops with a light gold or bronze cake glitter.
- Brand the pops with your own monogram or top it off with a hint of regal gold tinged frosting.
- Keep it traditional and choose classic fruit cake to make the pops.
- Think carefully about what you’re going to mount the cake on. Use a vintage cake stand or poke holes in the side of an old suitcase for the pops to stand in.
- For a more daring cake pop design that is reminiscent of the 40s and Burlesque era, create a colour contrast with black and another colour like pink, yellow, white or red.
Original images and their credits available from Pinterest