6 to 8 Weeks Before Your Wedding
6 to 8 Weeks before you Wedding:
- Mail wedding invitations. Include accommodation choices and a map to assist guests in finding the ceremony and reception sites
- Maintain a record of RSVPs and all gifts received. Send a thank-you note upon receipt of gifts (this can also be done after the wedding and honeymoon)
- Determine hair style and make-up
- Schedule to have your hair, make-up and nails done the day of the wedding (as well as trails if needed)
- Schedule beauty and body treatments e.g. tanning sessions
- Finalise shopping for wedding day accessories such as toasting glasses (if needed), ring pillow, guest book etc.
- If taking your fiancés name, change name and address on drivers license, insurance policies, subscriptions, bank account etc, where possible.
- Select and reserve wedding attire for groom, ushers, father of the bride and ring bearer.
- Obtain marriage license (if required)
- Find ‘something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue, and a lucky penny (or cent) for your shoe’
- Purchase gifts for wedding attendants
- Finalise your menu, beverage and alcohol order
Photo Credit: confettisilvousplait.com