Mpumalanga is home to the “place of prosperity”, Dullstroom-Emnotweni. This prosperity is most notable in the natural abundance of the area. Waterfalls, rivers and wild flowers characterise the landscape, while friendly folk and a rich historical heritage give this town its added character. This quaint centre is renowned amongst anglers from all over the world for its prime trout fishing opportunities. Enjoying an annual influx of fishing enthusiasts has ensured that Dullstroom is amply equipped to handle large numbers of visitors.
Its prime positioning within Mpumalanga means that Dullstroom is surrounded by natural attractions. However, it is also scattered with historical memorials, telling the tales of the tragedies of the Boer War. Such natural and cultural significance gives this town a nostalgic allure, which translates beautifully in your wedding pictures.
Many wedding guests will likely have to travel from other places in South Africa or even abroad to share your special day with you. Some of these ones will, no doubt, want to extend their stay and make it somewhat of a holiday. In addition, many couples may choose to incorporate Dullstroom into their honeymoon itinerary. The following tourist attractions and exciting activities should definitely be included in your schedule:
- Explore the beautiful game parks and nature reserves and learn more about the abundant plant- and animal species. These include the Dullstroom Nature Reserve, the Steenkampsberg Nature Reserve and the Verloren Vallei Nature Reserve.
- Trout fishing
- Bird watching
- Hiking trails
- Walking trails
- Cycling trails
- Visiting the Dullstroom Bird Of Prey and Rehab Centre and the Highlands Crane Group
- Horse riding
- The Owl and Oak Trading Post
- Clay pigeon shooting
- Visiting Elandskloof
- Exploring the nearby towns of Pilgrim’s Rest, Sabie, Hazyview and Graskop
- The Kristalwater Mampoer Distillery
- Play tennis or golf at one of the local facilities
Photo Credit: www.jeanetteverster.com