Hoedspruit, nestled at the foot of the Klein Drakensberg Mountain Range just outside the famous Kruger National Park in the Lowveld of South Africa, is supported mainly by the agricultural and tourism industries. Although small, this friendly town is frequented by South African and foreign tourists, particularly those looking for a true African adventure of wildlife safaris and stunning backdrops. The proximity of Hoedspruit to the Kruger makes it particularly popular amongst bridal couples and honeymooners that want to celebrate their big day and honeymoon in a true African style.
Weddings set amidst the cliff faces, bushveld and towering forests of this gorgeous region are given a truly magical flavour, one that your wedding guests will no doubt treasure. The warm hospitality and old-world charm of this Limpopo town infuses every aspect of it as a wedding and honeymoon venue, making it ideal for bridal couples looking for something completely different and undeniably memorable.
Some of the local attractions include:
- Hiking and walking trails
- Game viewing
- Sundowners with the elephants of Amukela Game Lodge
- Spend the day with cheetahs and lions at the various rehabilitation and breeding centres in the Kapama Reserve. These include the Moholoholo Rehabilitation Centre and the Tshukudu Game Lodge (where visitors can actually walk lions within their natural habitat)
- Explore various game farms, home to the Big 5 (lions, leopards, rhinos, buffaloes and elephants) and witness these majestic animals as they hunt, live and meander through their bushveld homes. Some of the local game farms include the Balule Game Reserve, Blyde-Olifants Conservancy, Hans Merensky Nature Reserve, Klaserie Game Reserve, Kruger National Park (and all of the reserves and farms that form it), Makalali Conservancy, Selati Game Reserve, Thornybush Game Reserve, Timbavati Game Reserve and Umbabat Game Reserve
- The Daktari Wildlife Orphanage is an educational initiative that homes and rehabilitates orphaned animals
- The Khamai Reptile Park
- The Hoedspruit Giant Baobab and Upside Down Restaurant
- The awesome Klaserie Waterfalls
- Tour Blyde Dam by boat
- Spend time learning of the intricacies of silk at the Bombyx Mori Silk Farm
- Immerse yourself in the local culture at the Nyani Cultural Village
Photo Credit: www.onewed.com