When you think of versatility, the one thing that always comes to mind is a jar. It’s reusable, recyclable and affordable to acquire – whether you buy new jars or ask everyone in the neighbourhood to save their jam empties.
We especially love using jars for guest favours, since it’s easy to personalise for male and female guests. Here are a few things you can put inside:
- Bath salts, bubble bath and pampering oils for the lovely ladies.
- Chocolates, cookies, marshmallows, mini cakes, fudge and other homemade treats.
- A dry pre-mix for your favourite brownies, muffins or cake.
- Homemade chocolate spread or caramel sauce.
- Savoury sauces like chili sauce or chutney, or sweet jam and honey!
- Biltong, droëwors and other traditional bites.
- Hand and nail care items like cotton wool, nail polish and so forth.
- Anti-hangover essentials like headache tablets, energy sweets and band-aids.
- Fresh fruits like strawberries and grapes which guests can enjoy the next day.
- Place jars at your candy buffet and let guests fill up their own with an assortment of sweet treats.
- Decorate the jars with glitter and paint, and place a candle inside for instant votives.
Shop Jars Now!
The requested RSS feed cannot be loaded at this time. This XML document is invalid, likely due to invalid characters. XML error: Undeclared entity error at line 21, column 68
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest