Whether it’s your love of faraway and exotic countries that excites you or deep aromatic and oriental flavours that make your mouth water, spices are a must add to any wedding day. And we’re not just talking in the food! Add a dash or theme your entire day accordingly – it’s entirely up to you. Here are a couple of simple ways to add a dash of sugar and spice to your big day:
- Spoil guests with mini jars of delightful and versatile spices or bottle one of your secret or favourite home blended meat rubs.
- Select spiced candles that can be lit during the reception to fill the air with your favourite scent or aroma.
- Instead of confetti, have your guests scatter aromatic spice pods or whole spices over your heads.
- Use scented paper for your stationery items or add a dash of spice to each invitation envelope before sealing it.
- Place a variety of beautiful spice bottles in the centre of your guest tables for guest to use but also act as part of the table décor.
- Scatter whole spices or spice pods down the middle of the tables, in between the plates and centrepieces.
- Use beautiful close-up shots of spices as part of your wedding stationery designs or blown up to be used as wall decoration inside the venue.
- Draw inspiration from the warm colours of spices when choosing the colour scheme for your wedding day – from paprika red and turmeric yellow to cinnamon bronze and deep orange.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest