There are few things as magical as an ocean themed wedding, but in this particular instance we’re looking at one ocean creature in particular: The awe-inspiring whale. If you’ve been in love with this mesmerising creature since before you can remember, then this theme has got your name written all over it!
- Decorate the wedding cake with whale-shaped cake toppers.
- Host your wedding in a seaside town like Hermanus or Gansbaai during whale season.
- Complete your bridal ensemble with dainty whale-inspired jewellery, or spoil your bridesmaids with whale necklaces.
- Bake whale-shaped sugar biscuits for the dessert table, or wrap it up as guest favours.
- Incorporate the colours of the ocean and whales into your wedding colour scheme.
- Have your wedding or photo shoot at an aquarium, with whales and other ocean creatures swimming in the background.
- Buy a cute little whale-shaped ink stamp, and use that to personalise your napkins, invitations and place cards.
- Go on a whale-watching boat trip or helicopter ride during your honeymoon, or on the day before your wedding – quite a treat for the bridal party!
- Serve other ocean-inspired foods like fresh oysters, seafood pastas and so forth.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest