It’s said so often that one’s significant other is your anchor in this unpredictable and chaotic world, so why not make it recurring theme throughout your wedding day? Go on – tie the knot and set sail on your marital yacht with these creative ideas:
- Have your wedding bands engraved with anchors to symbolise the fact that you’ll keep one another grounded.
- Surprise your bridesmaids with stunning yet simple gold or silver anchor rings or charm bracelets as a thank you for their effort and support.
- Decorate your wedding cake with anchor details and nautical inspired patterns.
- Incorporate the anchor design into your stationery and purchase cute little anchor embellishments to adorn guest favours, place settings and so forth.
- Invest in anchor inspired jewellery and why not attach small anchor charms to your garter and wedding shoes, just for fun?
- Hang laser cut cardboard anchors from the walls and chandeliers, and see if you can find large wooden anchors to use as centerpieces for the guest tables.
- Complete hubby’s ensemble with an anchor pin (instead of a traditional boutonniere) or go the extra mile and dress him as a ship captain.
- Complement the anchors with pieces of shipping rope – for instance, around the napkins, bouquets or chair backs – as well as blue and white stripe patterns, harbour signs, and more.
- To complete the theme, opt for a nautically inspired colour scheme consisting of navy blue, white and silver accents, as well as plenty of white washed wood and drift wood.
Original images and credits available on Pinterest