You’ve found your “mate” and, quite coincidentally, you’re both into chess. Having a chess themed wedding can be quite fun and guests will love the interactive tongue-in-cheek feel of it all:
- Choose white and black as your main theme colours for the night, keeping your dress entirely white and hubby’s outfit crisp and black.
- Opt for a chessboard wedding cake of vanilla and chocolate cake, which is only revealed once the cake is cut.
- Spoil your guests with chocolates that are shaped like chess pieces – sculpted from white and dark chocolate.
- Alternatively set the chocolate pieces up on a board so guests can play during canapés – and once a piece is taken, it can be eaten.
- Use various chess pieces to indicate your guests’ place settings and tie each guest’s name card around the “neck” of the piece.
- Instead of table numbers, use pawns, rooks, bishops and so forth to indicate the different tables.
- Have your cake toppers designed to be in the shape of a king and queen.
- Opt for a stunning chessboard dance floor – even if it means hiring and setting up a temporary floor for the night.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest