Ah, the lovely Elsa has certainly taken the world by storm – pun intended – and it’s way too early to “let go” of the desire for a themed celebration. A Frozen wedding theme is enchanting, magical and ticks all the right boxes for a fairytale wedding – minus the airy fairy birds and butterflies.
It goes without saying that the colour scheme for this theme will consist of a combination of crisp whites, icy blues and silver accent pieces – all colours that hubby will love!
- Good lighting is of the essence as that will help set the mood – think fairylights and blue toned lighting to provide the icy feel.
- Serve a selection of frozen drinks like blue margaritas and fishbowls, as well as snow cones, twirly ice creams and other icy goodies – not to mention a big ice sculpture to round off the table!
- Snowflakes add a delighful sense of whimsy to the occasion, and can take the shape of cookies, candles, wedding stationery, jewellery and confetti.
- Speaking of confetti – don’t stop at the ceremony! Set up a confetti cannon next to the dance floor as well as a smoke machine to keep things wintry and wonderful.
- Draw inspiration from Elsa’s stunning ice queen gown for your own wedding dress, using plenty of lace and light blue sheer fabrics to recreate the look.
- Downy white feathers not only add to the wintry theme but also lend a touch of a softness.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest