Your wedding day demands more than the usual effort to look as beautiful as possible. A little dash of bling goes a long way. For couples that thrive on all that is glittery and glamorous, there are plenty of opportunities to include a sparkle throughout your décor and attire on your most special of days.
Adding glitter to various aspects of your wedding day will allow you to keep the rest of the look and feel fairly plain and simple, if you prefer. In addition, it gives you the opportunity to keep your day elegant and gorgeous without investing too much financially.
Here are some of the ways that you can incorporate glitter to glam up your wedding day:
- Nail art – splash it on the tips or flash all-glitter nails, depending on how dramatic you want your hands to look.
- Eye glitter – a subtle dusting of glittered eye shadow will ensure that you look like a princess.
- Shoes – there’s no limit to the potential that exists between shoes and glitter!
- The wedding dress – add glittery embellishments to your dress for a really classy effect.
- Confetti – giant glittery discs will make for stunning confetti. Remember to arrange for it to be cleaned up afterwards so that it doesn’t leave a mess that just turns into litter.
- Put colourful glitter balls (polystyrene balls encrusted with glittery paint) in glass vases on the tables as centrepieces.
- Edible glitter on your wedding cake or cupcakes is fun and will finish these off perfectly.
- Bling up the boys in your entourage with retro glitter bowties.
For the original photos from above as well as the credits AND more Glitter Wedding ideas, make sure to check out our Glitter Weddings Pinterest board!