Now, were not saying it’s time to break out the coconut bra, but these strangely exotic fruits should definitely be on your style checklist for the new summer season. Coconuts strike the perfect balance between rustic, exotic and fresh, and with the emphasis being on all things sweet and tropical this season, we’re expecting to see even more exotic fruit on the menu.
Aside from the consumable benefits of coconuts, there are endless ways in which you can put it to good decorative use. For instance, once drained of juice, the hollowed out coconut can be filled with fresh blossoms and displayed as a stunning floral centrepiece. And that’s just the tip of the metaphorical iceberg – here are some more ideas to feast on:
- Decorate the wedding cake with soft flakes of pearly white coconut or opt for a coconut ice wedding cake.
- Use halved coconuts as dessert bowls and fill it with home made ice cream and other sweet delights.
- Fill the hollow coconut with deliciously refreshing cocktails and juices and serve it up as your welcome drinks.
- Hang bunches of coconuts from the ceiling as a rustic yet exotic style element. This can even be taken a step further by adding fairy lights to turn it into your very own chandelier.
- Have your guests scatter coconut flakes instead of confetti over your heads.
- Fill halved coconuts with water and floating candles or make holes in the side of a coconut to create a stunning votive lantern.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest