South Africa is renowned for its selection of wine estates, magnificent wines and breathtaking winelands. So with your venue booked, why not consider taking the grape theme a little bit further?
Straight off the bat, there will be wine. And plenty of it. A wine tour or wine tasting could therefore form part of your cocktail hour, or you can send guests home with a bottle of your favourite matured grape as a favour. Freshly squeezed grape juice can also be served as non-alcoholic alternative.
In terms of the colour palette, grape (a deep shade of purple) is a definite must, and you can also include shades of other grape variants – for instance, crisp greens and juicy reds. Once you’ve set the scene, it’s time to consider the finer details:
- Place large bowls of fresh grapes on the tables as part of the centre pieces and also for guests to munch on as they wish.
- Decorate the wedding cake with bunches of grapes or a marzipan grape design, and opt for a wine-infused cake.
- Serve grape skewers with homemade ice cream for dessert and be sure to include frozen grapes in the dessert menu.
- Incorporate the vine and grape design into all your stationery elements, and consider branding the wine bottles with your own personalised label.
- Serve a selection of cheese with homemade grape jam and spoil your guests with mini jars of grape preserve – a delectable guest favour.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest