Your wedding is a festive and fun celebration. And what is more festive and fun than a circus? This theme is perfect for the couple that likes to spice things up a little. If done correctly, a circus themed wedding can be truly spectacular. And by adding vintage elements, this theme becomes very whimsical.
Here are some ideas to get you started.
- Rent a circus-style tent or marquee for the reception.
- Let your MC wear a ring master’s outfit.
- Play circus music while your guests enter the reception venue.
- Dress your flower girls up in cute little tutus.
- Decorate your venue with lots of bunting and balloons.
- Hire a juggler, fire-breather, contortionist or stilts artist as entertainment for your guests.
- Treat your guests with candyfloss, candy apples or popcorn.
- A red, blue and cream colour scheme works very well with this theme.
- Ask your guests to dress up as show girls, clowns, mobsters or strong men.
- Include lots of tassels, stripes and bold colours in your wedding stationery and décor.
- You as the bride can wear a pretty top hat and Fluevog style shoes.
- Use spot-lights at your reception.
- Use pinwheels, feathers and vintage photographs of circus animals (elephants, tigers etc.) and performance artists in your wedding stationery and décor.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest