If you love kicking back around a campfire and waking up to the breeze rustling the tent flaps every other weekend, then this theme is for you! This stunning theme is all about creating a relaxed atmosphere and incorporating as much of Mother Nature as possible. Keep it simple and rustic – that’s that!
- Build a big ol’ bonfire outside where guests can roast marshmallows, drink some sherry and share stories from back in the day.
- Opt for low-rise rustic guest tables in made of unpolished wood, and let guests sit on big cushions.
- Serve a variety of camp-inspired food like braai meat, “roosterkoek”, preserves, fish and corn on the cob.
- Plate up the dishes in enamel plates, and serve drinks in cute enamel cups. These also make great guest favours and can be personalised.
- Set up open tipi tents where guests can relax and converse in little groups during the cocktail hour.
- Place lanterns on the tables to provide light, and hang strands of fairy lights in the trees – reminiscent of the stars!
- Make use of plenty of bark and wooden elements, as well as burlap and netting.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest