Once upon a time you got the lucky end of the wishbone and wished for your knight in shining armour to find you one day. Well, that wish has finally come true – and we have some special ideas for incorporating that significant wishbone into your wedding day:
- Spoil your special lady friends and bridesmaids with dainty wishbone necklaces or earrings to wear on the wedding day.
- Buy a big batch of mock wishbones (made out of wood or other materials), and use these to decorate the tables.
- Save a wishbone for the wedding day, which you and hubby can snap (symbolically) once you’ve said your “I dos”.
- Scour the jewellery shops for wishbone tiepins or cufflinks to complete your hubby-to-be’s wedding day ensemble.
- Invest in a wishbone ink stamp to customise your place cards, napkins and other elements.
- Add a little wishbone inspired jewellery to your own wedding day ensemble, or draw one on the sole of your shoe for good luck.
- Work the wishbone into the design of your wedding stationery, like invitations and save-the-dates.
- Other elements that complement the wishbone theme include a wishing well, tree of luck and four-leaf clovers.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest