Nothing gets us quite as excited as something a little different, and there’s certainly no doubt that a wedding inspired by metals and metallic finishes is certainly just that – unique. Metals might be seen as being tough, raw, earthy elements. However, there is unmistakable beauty in their gleaming surfaces and resilient shimmer.
In their natural states, most metals are shades of silver and gold. But any colour can be given a metallic sheen. Be careful not to overdo your colours with this theme, though; the beauty is in the simple glitz of metals.
Here are some ways in which you can have the most beautiful of metallic-themed weddings:
- Use glamorous gold leaf detail on all of your wedding stationery.
- Spray twigs, leaves, lace and wooden placemats with gold, silver or bronze spray paint for quick, easy, budget-friendly metallic features. Include these in your bouquets, on the tables and around the venue.
- Nail art and 3D cosmetics give brides-to-be and their entourage plenty of opportunities to incorporate metallic elements into their wedding cosmetics.
- Embellish the bridal gown with silver, gold, bronze or aged pewter beading and glitter.
- Have silver or gold (or a combination of the two) underplates under each dinner plate to add some bling to your table settings.
- Get daring with your metallic theme in the fabric you choose for the bridesmaids’ dresses. If you go for an ultra-shiny effect, keep the style simple so that these dresses don’t overpower the wedding gown.
Have a look at the gallery for some more inspiration.
For the original photos from above as well as the credits AND more Metallic Wedding Theme ideas, make sure to check out our Metallic Wedding Theme Pinterest Board!