It’s been said so many times that the wedding day should be a true reflection of your personalities as a couple, and if you have musical fingers and a song in your hearts this theme is for you. Because music comes in so many different styles and genres, this theme can be adapted to suit everything from a vintage musical wedding to a more charismatic jazz themed occasion. Here are some ideas to make your heart sing:
- Use musical instruments as part of your centre pieces, for instance roses cascading from the horn of an oboe.
- Cut up old sheet music for your invitations and other wedding stationery, or use them to make pin wheels, paper fans, origami creatures and place mats.
- Collect old records from various second hand stores and use them as place mats. Alternatively dip the records in boiling water and bend them into unique salad bowls.
- Decorate your cake with musical notes or marzipan piano keys right around.
- Instead of an ordinary dessert table, arrange your eats and treats on top of a grand piano. Just make sure the piano is shut or the keys are covered with translucent plastic to protect it.
- Hire an old fashioned string quartet or brass band to entertain guests at the reception.
- Spoil each guest with a CD of your wedding music mix. Your DJ of wedding musicians should be able to assist you with this.
- If you’re quite a fun and quirky spirit, have your guests play a round of musical chairs after each course to get them to move seats and mingle with new faces.
- Decorate the venue with colossal perspex musical notes and keys.
- Instead of table numbers, name each table after one of your favourite songs or musicians.
- If you or your hubby are composers at heart, ask each guest to write two rhyming lines that you can string together at a later stage to compile our very own wedding song.
For more ideas on a Musical Wedding Theme or to check out the original photos displayed above and their credits, make sure to check out our Musical Wedding Theme Pinterest Board!