Fairy tale themes are something worth treasuring, as it truly melds childhood memories and romance in a way that captures the heart of one and all. And this theme is no different – after all, Peter Pan is all about never growing up and keeping that child in your heart alive.
Flying décor pieces will be a given – hanging flower arrangements, laser cut silhouette decorations and so forth – and the key is to keep everything from the ceremony to the speeches fun and light-hearted. In terms of colour scheme, opt for dusty shades of green, olive and blue with dashes of sparkle and metallics. Here are more ideas to set your mind afloat:
- Dress your ring bearer and flower girl like Peter and Tinkerbell.
- Fairy dust should play an integral part in your wedding day – whether you scatter sequins on the tables, use glitter as confetti or decorate your stationery with bling dust.
- Incorporate Peter Pan arrows into your stationery and décor design as well as stars, boats and feathers.
- Draw inspiration from the lush greenery of Neverland by creating stunning centrepieces and bouquets out of ferns and green flowers like orchids, hydrangeas and lilies.
- While you don’t want drunken pirates at the wedding, you can definitely add a couple of empty wine bottles to the list of DIY décor – use for anything from candle holders to vases.
- Light the venue with fairy lights and drop the ceiling with white, black and olive draping for a whimsical Neverland ambiance.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest