Plaid is really more appropriate for a winter wedding, so if you’re busy planning for cosy and cuddlesome weather, this post is for you! Let’s be honest – of all the fabrics, plaid isn’t exactly a favourite in the pattern and fabric world, but as with all such things: The bigger the challenge, the greater the reward when you pull it off!
The trick to landing this theme with flair and panache is to keep it simple – after all, you don’t want your wedding day to look more like a Scottish family reunion than a romantic celebration of love! Add small touches of plaid in strategic places – for instance plaid ribbons wrapped around the napkins, plaid bowties for the groomsmen, and so forth.
Here are more ideas to get you in the plaid state of mind:
- Nothing says warm and snuggly quite like a thick woven plaid blanket or throw – ideal for keeping guests’ knees warm in winter.
- Add a touch of plaid to your own bridal ensemble with stunning plaid shoes, headband or garter.
- Cover hay bales in plaid fabric to serve as soft seating and deck the guest tables in plaid – either tablecloths or runners.
- Decorate the wedding cake with thick plaid ribbon and do the same with your wedding invitations and stationery items.
- Complete hubby’s outfit with a neat little plaid waistcoat or a hat, if he’s up for it.
- Decorate candles with strips of plaid fabric and dress your little flower girl in a plaid dress.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest