Your wedding day should be an expression of who you are and a true reflection of your personality. While crisp white might be the natural choice for brides, tradition is not for everyone. A punk rock theme is chic, sexy and daring without compromising on femininity. Nothing should stop you from mixing it up on your big day, even if it means raising a few eyebrows. So if you usually like to live life on the wild side, add a little edge to your big day with these punk themed ideas:
- Black is a must, whether you don a black wedding dress or add little touches to your gown.
- No colour scheme says “punk” quite like black, white and shocking pink. For a softened ambience, opt for a lighter shade of pink.
- Wear black lace gloves that go up to your elbow – chic and sexy.
- Have your hairstylist colour your hair a crazy colour like pink, purple or a dark luscious plum. If that’s a bit too extreme, opt for highlights instead.
- Use punk rocker badges to decorate each place setting and for guests to take home as wedding favours.
- Name your tables after popular punk rock bands.
- Create a fun punk-themed photo booth with a graffiti backdrop, wigs and musical instruments as props so guests can also get in the right spirit.
- Add tiny skull elements to your décor and stationery. Keep it small and tasteful.
- Instead of your traditional invitation, send yours out on a CD with a printed punk-style cover.
- Wear bright, patterned or fishnet stockings with an ankle length dress and cute pumps.
- Instead of traditional wedding shoes, wear a pair of sexy lace-up leather boots in black or white.
- Add a little lace and leather to your dress design.
- Choose a wedding gown with a corset and lace-up detail at the back or front.
- Hire a punk band to entertain the guests.
- If you have tattoos, have a dress made that’s cut in a way that shows off your ink.
- While other brides might consider a pamper station, a temporary tattoo parlour might be more up your alley and guests will love the idea.
- Go all out and dress the bridesmaids in short black dresses with coloured netting around the bottom and spoil the grooms men with leather jackets.
For more ideas on a Punk wedding theme or to check out the original photos displayed above and their credits, make sure to check out our Punk Wedding Theme Pinterest Board!