Watercolours shouldn’t just be restricted to art museums and kiddies’ classrooms! With spring in full swing, it’s time to bring out the paintbrush and add a splash of watercolour-colour to your wedding soiree.
What makes this theme so incredibly mesmerising, is the lovely soft blend of colours – and we especially love a selection of pastel shades! Here are a couple of ways to paint the perfect picture:
- Opt for stationery adorned with original watercolour splashes – in other words, no two pieces are the same!
- Delight the sense with a watercolour wedding cake or cupcakes swirled with watercolour frosting.
- Instead of an entirely white dress, choose a white fabric that features light watercolour inspired patterns like flowers or simple pastel brushstrokes.
- Make your own placemats or table runners by dip-dyeing the fabrics or using a paint brush and water paint to decorate it.
- Steer clear of plain crockery and rather choose plates with a hand painted design.
- Keep an eye out for a wedding venue that’s pre-decorated with watercolour paintings.
- To further complement the theme, give guests mini jars of paint as guest favours.
- Hire an artist to paint scenes of the wedding day as it unrolls.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest