Wheat has an almost wholesome warmth about it that instantly reminds one of freshly baked bread and textures like burlap and cotton. If you’re a farm girl at heart, a wheat theme wedding should be right up your alley:
- Choose wheat as the main colour in your colour scheme, and pair it with soft shades of rose pink and pale green for an earthy yet vintage look and feel.
- Line the wedding aisle with tall wheat sheaves and place them around the edges of the dance floor.
- Hang wheat, vines and fresh long-stemmed flowers from the ceiling to create interesting floating décor pieces.
- Serve a selection of wheaty treats, like freshly baked farm bread, granola and crackers with cheese.
- Instead of traditional confetti, have your guests scatter wheat over your heads – the birds will love it too!
- Have your wedding photos snapped in or next to a golden wheat field.
- Incorporate wheat ears into your bridal bouquet and also the groomsmen’s boutonnieres.
- Tie wheat ears around your napkins and also weave it around the chandeliers.
- Scatter wheat down the wedding aisle as a symbol of prosper and fruitfulness.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest