Whether you’re an adrenaline junky at heart, or simply love the intimacy of caves, this post is for you! If you’re lucky enough to find a cave-like venue to call your own, it’s important to highlight the various elements thereof – here are some quick tips:
- A lake/dam: Often caves have lakes inside, or overlook dams in the vicinity. If possible, make it a focal point by adding white lighting all around the edges or floating candles on the surface.
- Stalactites: Stalactites and stalagmites are synonymous with caves, and can be emphasised with white or a soft golden light depending on your desired atmosphere. What’s more, nowadays you get all kinds of lighting options that mimic the look and feel of these rock formations.
- Uneven flooring: The odds of finding a cave with a flat floor are highly unlikely. Make the most of the situation by either installing temporary flooring or throwing down a few blankets, bean bags and scatter a few cushions for guests to recline on.
- Lighting: This is a very important factor, as most caves don’t allow much light in. Decorate the area with strings on the floor and dangling from the ceilings. If you want a soft golden light, place lanterns and candles all along the outskirts of the cave.
- If a cave venue is simply out of the question, fret not! Nowadays décor experts can create just about any setting with “fake rock” and you can recreate the intimacy of a cave – just use your imagination!
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest