What a delicious theme to feast your eyes on! This vibrant colour scheme screams joy and delight. Combining two of the happiest colours on earth, this pastel explosion is perfectly suited for a light spring affair as well as a fresh morning wedding.
The greatest pothole is planning a wedding that’s far too girly for hubby-to-be! So be sure to place the emphasis on joy, fun and celebration rather than princess pink glamour.
- Serve a combination of yellow and pink punches and cocktails to get guests into the party mood.
- When it comes to the dessert side of things, you can’t go wrong with yellow and pink macaroons, as well as strawberry and lemon cheese cake.
- Yellow is a good compromise in areas where pink might not fly – like the groom’s boutonniere and tie.
- To tone down the theme ever so slightly, introduce light grey in certain areas like the table cloths and bridesmaid dresses.
- Combine flowers like roses and peonies to really further your theme colours.
- Serve candy floss throughout the reception – but add a little twist and make yellow candy floss as well!
- Blend the two colours to perfection by using the ombre technique.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest