Paper cones are a stunning and inexpensive way to decorate the sides of the wedding aisle – whether you fill them with fresh flowers, confetti, snacks or church programmes.
A while ago we posted a DIY project for making cones out of square pieces of coloured paper – which you can view here – so today we thought we’d take it from a different angle: DIY cones using paper doilies.
You will need:
- Paper doilies
- Clothes pegs
- Thin twine
Now to get creative:
- Start off by folding the doily in half and cutting along the fold – one doily will make two cones.
- Take one half of the doily and gently fold it in half.
- Using the fold as your middle point, roll the doily by sliding one half of the flat side over the other to form the cone.
- Finally, apply a thin line of glue one edge to keep it all together. Use a wash peg to keep it in place.
- Weave a piece of string through one of the eyelets in the doily edge and make a little noose to hang the cone with.
Step by step pics here: http://www.curiousme.com/blog/2013/diy-sessions-2-how-to-make-confetti-cones-using-doilies/
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest