Sandblasting is a beautiful art that always makes a statement. We love the frosted look of the glass, especially with winter coming up and winter weddings in mind!
Professional sandblasting can be expensive and time consuming, and it takes years of practice to truly master the art (not to mention all the equipment you need!) However nowadays most spray painting brands offer sandblasting look-alike products in a simple to use can that make life a lot easier for the DIY enthusiast. In fact, some of these products are non-permanent which means you can use it to decorate your venue in various creative ways.
Once you’ve got the hang of it, why not get right to it with these cute ideas:
- Turn recycled glass jars into stunning vases or guest favour holders by sandblasting it.
- Make a stencil out of cardboard and sandblast your monogram or initials onto glass elements like mirrors, windows, etc.
- Move away from glass, and sandblast metallic elements like your wedding bands and metal place mats.
- Have your table plan sandblasted onto a large mirror.
- Let guests keep their wine glasses as a guest favour, and sandblast their names onto it – which then also doubles as place card, how nifty!
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest